Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen at BB that they have a harness but its $150 and the guys didn't know for sure if it will work. Has anyone found one that does? Also any solutions on getting the info center data in a different radio?

·
Registered
1 Posts
search ebay for a dash kit. they make ones that seperate the computer from the radio so you can install an aftermarket head unit. works well for the most part. doesnt like cold weather, like temps under zero. screen looks funny till it warms up. comes with harness and everthing esle. hopefully that helps you some. also a little note, if you have problems and need to take your car to a dealer to read the engine codes you'll have to put the old stereo in most likely. he said that the first code that comes up is that it doesnt read the computer, and he couldnt read other codes until he got that one cleared up. at least this is in my experience. hope that helps

·
Registered
110 Posts
Your dash kit. MET 993303

Use this kit. You will not be able to get away with any other kit. You can type the part number in to google and buy it for as cheap at $129 I believe. I did anyways. I used it and it works perfect. Heres what it looks like. i installed a Kenwood into it. and it fits perfectly and works perfectly...

I have pictures but can't seem to find them on my computer. But trust me I worked as in installer for Circuit City. So honestly man, just spend the money and have it installed somewhere because it sure is worth it. TurboKit by Metra. Good luck man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts