Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 G6 w/ 3.5L.

When I look into the engine, from near the passenger side headlight, behind the exhaust and coolant hoses, I can see an intersection of wires that has clearly been damaged (looks chewed). It's a three way intersection, with one branch coming to the neutral safety switch on the transmission, the other seemingly going through the firewall, and the other disappearing into the engine. The scan tool is throwing a lot of O2 sensor and evap codes, but I haven't noticed any issues with the engine and the check engine light isn't on.

Before I get the car on stands and start poking around in the engine, can anyone tell me where these wires go, so that I can buy the replacement connectors? Or should I just try to reconnect the damaged wires with heat shrink butt connectors? I am considering just ignoring this, but it seems to be affecting the check engine light (won't come on and throws a code) and won't allow me to remote start. Also I don't want to have O2 sensor/evac problems go undetected in the future.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac G6 GXP, 3.6L V6 sedan
28 Posts
I would reconnect the wires and shrink wrap it. You are not going to find a replacement unless you go to the Junk yards. replacing the whole wiring harness on any vehicle is extremely expensive. Sounds like you had a squirrel or rodent issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would reconnect the wires and shrink wrap it. You are not going to find a replacement unless you go to the Junk yards. replacing the whole wiring harness on any vehicle is extremely expensive. Sounds like you had a squirrel or rodent issue.
I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

Shrink wrapping will be the first plan of attack then. If that doesn't fix it, I'll probably just take it in.

Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts