Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there experiencing a minor shake or wobble with their G6.

While driving at low speeds, I detect a shake or wobble. The problem is more noticable when driving at low speeds 20-40 mph, but also at highway speeds, but there are other times when it is hard to detect.

First time into dealer they replaced rear tires and pressure balance all tires. One week later they replaced right rear tire, pressure balanced rear tires and said they can't detect the problem.

I think the Dealer thinks that I am hallucinating.
wobble

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes I have the same problem.

I have the exact problem on mine. I will have the dealer address it when I take it in for the first oil change. It seems like the tires are slightly out of balance. It would help if GM hadn't put on these POS Uniroyal Tigerpaw tires. I am used to driving BMWs with Michelin and other quality tires. These tires that GM install on this car are trash.

1,850 miles so far since I bought the car on November 26th. Still seems like the tires are out of balance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
yeah I have the same problem they ordered me a new tire, I not to confident after reading what you guy's had writen. oh well time will tell

·
Registered
7 Posts
The first time I had the car on the highway it had the shakes and wabbles realy bad. To the point I pulled over twice to see If I had a flat. Turns out that the tires and the rims realy seem to have a problem with ice and snow building up. I was driving in a bad snow storm and picked up a lot of junk. The second time I pulled over I noticed the problem and cleaned off the rims and the problem went right away. So it you were in snowy or muddy conditions that maybe what is causing the problem because I know that mud built up in the rims or tires can cause the same condition

·
Registered
532 Posts
wait.. the tires can build up snow and cause poor traction conditions??? I was told its the driver ..your saying it might have something to do with the tires... you have to be kidding *please note the sarcasm*

·
Registered
7 Posts
LOL... I found most of the problem came from the RIMS, they seem to attract sand and snow like a magnet. It could be that I was using my new car as a snowmoblie at the time going to pick up a friend that crashed here car in a quick storm that dumped about 3 inches of snow in a hour or so but I was on untreated highways at 1 in the morning. As soon as I cleared away all the junk it was fine. But if you have ever felt a tire go down at 60mph thats the way the car was handling. After that it was great in the snow

·
Registered
67 Posts
S8ER99 said:
wait.. the tires can build up snow and cause poor traction conditions??? I was told its the driver ..your saying it might have something to do with the tires... you have to be kidding *please note the sarcasm*
I know I loved that one! There is a definant shake in the car. Its not constant but it is quite frequent.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hmm.. I either hit something (nothing i can remember) or I have a busted belt in one of these tires. Elec steering was acting funny too... grrr

I have a wobble in the front end (passenger side it feels like). Damn the dealer is going to hate me even more. It seems like I get one problem fixed and two more pop up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is a guy that is calling me every week or so asking me about how I like the car. At the time of the first call the car was at the dealership getting some of the problems fixed. When he called back last week, I told him about the shaking in the car. He said to have it indexed. For those of you who do not know what that means, indexing is to have the tires rotated 1/5. The dealership would make the spot on the tire where the spoke lines up with the tire. Then they would move that mark to the next spoke making it a 1/5 rotation. I have not taken my car back in to the dealership to have this done. However, when I have another chance to take my car into the dealership I will imform you guys if it works.

·
Registered
28 Posts
S8ER99 said:
Damn the dealer is going to hate me even more. It seems like I get one problem fixed and two more pop up.
Who cares...
you paid good money for that vehicle - run up in there and give them hell!

:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know how you feel about that. They had my car for a week. I did get a trailblazer for the rental. Atleast the rental was nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can understand about the shaking i have had all four of my tires replaced and it still shakes. I just wish they would have put some better tires on the car to begin with. I have 2500 miles on my car and still they can't fix the shaking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
garbage tires

For all the people that have the wobble in the tires my car has conti's on all four and until the tires get hot the car feels like I am driving on 4 square tires. Then when they get hot good as new. The continentals are a polyester tire and they are very soft and do not like the cold.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a problem with my car vibrating and the dealer replaced a tire on the front and said it was fixed---but on the way home problem was still there.
Sat. on the way home the power steering light came on and there was none, I parked and when I restarted the car it was working it did this 2 more times and was taken to a different dealer who said Pontiac was having to replace the steering column because of problems. Hope this fixes the vibrating also.... :mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
We are going on our 4th set of Continental tires. Our tires have cold tire thump until they have 5 to 10 miles on them. BUT the problem we are most annoyed with is smooth road shake and some steering wheel shimmy. The problem gets worse with expressway speeds and can be noticed from 45 mph on up. The smoother the road, the more noticeable the problem is. The intensity changes a little but the shaking and steering wheel shimmy never go away with warmed up tires.

When the 4th set get installed we are going to test drive the car with a field rep of some sort. I hope they find 4 round tires for our car. We are happy with the car itself and are hoping for good results and that it is soon. We started trying to get the tires balanced on March 29 and its Aug 13 and the car still shakes.........

·
Registered
22 Posts
I read somewhere on another forum about someone that had shaking problems and that they needed to replace the rims too, not sure if the chrome wheels are cast or machined aluminum, maybe the wheel (rim) is out of balance beyond what a wheel weight can fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We are now on our 4th set of tires. They are the best set so far. The steering wheel no longer "shimmys". There is still a little shake you can feel in your butt and legs. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being no shake I would call this a 7.5 now compared to a 5 or less with the other tires it has had.

I don't like having to deal with this but its a new car I would think that tire shake should not be an issue. We like to travel and there is still some vibration or shake that is most noticeable on the expressway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts