Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand the trend for compactness of things....BUT
To replace the oil press. sender to have to remove the starter?????? Not to mention the heat shield that has to have one nut taken off and pry out the shield from stud to oil filter adapter in order to fix code P0528 circuit high. Yes the 3 wire modular plug was dripping with oil.
Will finish the job tomorrow along with replacing the T-Stat that started sticking open this week.....
ANOTHER WONDERFUL TASK of needing to remove the right headlamp assy. for an easy (on most other vehicles) maint. item!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well those 2 chores are 99% completed. Wasn't TOO bad to do, just annoying at what had to be moved out of the way for such simple parts to replace. Now to let it cool down and recheck coolant level and then go for some rides to reset computer modules. Total work time on ramps and my bad back....2 hr. and 15min.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CORRECTION, was so sore that my mind typed out the wrong term. Need to reset IM MONITORS of the computer.
Coolant level was fine after cooldown and all is good again just a couple monitors need to run yet. Got plenty of time before next inspection that NY requires monitors checked.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Engineers don't have to work on the cars 10 years later. I'd like to think that they thought it was a part that rarely fails.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Engineers don't have to work on the cars 10 years later. I'd like to think that they thought it was a part that rarely fails.
ROFL !!
And at today's labor rates, for what should have been a 20 MINUTE job for both parts, a DEALER or shop would have charged a minimum 1.5 hrs. AND insisted on getting the job with a COLD motor! Glad I do my own work for normal maint items!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well.... For a very long time now whenever my wife would get gas by the time she would bet home from the station(13 miles away) it would have the gas cap warning message and sometimes even throw a CEL for small leak , SO I replaced the cap when I did this other work. A few days later when checking for IM monitors having reset(using a different scanner than my usual one) I showed the dreaded P0455 but NO CEL and monitor for EVAP good. Scanner also stated that this code was intermittent. SO today I tried the EASIEST part change and replaced the EVAP purge valve on the engine and cleared the codes again. Took it for a 20 mile ride (from cold) and just the EVAP and Converter monitors have yet to reset, BUT no P0445. Will check it again for the next couple days when the wife gets home from her 15 mile run home from work. Stay "tuned" for results.....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wife drove it to work and back home(2x15 miles)with 8 hrs. off time between. The EVAP and Cat monitor have yet to reset, BUT NO codes of any type(history, pending, current or intermittent) Said car ran FINE.
Will update when monitors all reset.......

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Code came back. Put original cap back on 150 miles later after clearing code all but the EVAP monitor have reset and no code as of yet. The EVAP monitor is a bit tricky in requirements to run it's self test and just when (conditions) will set of the CEL/code.
Stay tuned!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WELL? 400 miles and 2 tank ups and no codes of any type. But the darned EVAP monitor has not reset yet.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WELL? 400 miles and 2 tank ups and no codes of any type. But the darned EVAP monitor has not reset yet.

HOORAY ! It only took 490 miles of driving to have the monitor reset. ALL is good and no codes.
Yes the code P0445 could go either way for a leak or NO FLOW. Mine happened to be a sticky purge solenoid on the motor for no flow(but mine was interment).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts