Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try a burn out with their G6? I tried 6 or 7 times today and it won't do it! Just as it starts to do it, the ABS system keeps the front wheels from moving. :mad:

·
Registered
23 Posts
are you hitting the brakes and the gas at the same time? try using the ebrake and hitting the gas...that will prevent the ABS from ever kicking in.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Explr1 said:
It was off, but the ABS system still stopped the front wheels when the started to slip. :(
That's interesting. ABS isn't designed to work that way - it can't tell the difference between wheel spin and normal forward motion - it only recognizes when the wheels stop moving when they shouldn't.

With my TCS off (light glows on the dash), I can turn the vehicle 90º by lighting up the tires and easing the steering wheel to the right. Of course, since I did that with my wife sitting next to me, I've been "forbidden" from ever doing it again. (the quicker I kill these crappy Conti tires, the quicker I can get some real ones)

·
Registered
108 Posts
otcpharm said:
That's interesting. ABS isn't designed to work that way - it can't tell the difference between wheel spin and normal forward motion - it only recognizes when the wheels stop moving when they shouldn't.

With my TCS off (light glows on the dash), I can turn the vehicle 90º by lighting up the tires and easing the steering wheel to the right. Of course, since I did that with my wife sitting next to me, I've been "forbidden" from ever doing it again. (the quicker I kill these crappy Conti tires, the quicker I can get some real ones)
Haha, thats great. I can definately do donuts in mine.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If it's hot out, I think it would be easier to get them to cut loose, but I may be wrong. After break-in, I'll have to see if I turn off TC and Stabilitrac and see if I can get them going in 1st...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bigbengt67 said:
It's pretty simple to do.

1. Turn off TC.
2. Yank the hand brke.
3. Foot to the floor.
4. Light them SOBs up!
This worked, as did pulling the fuse for the ABS system, but when I did that I made the dash light and DIC display very mad.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Your not alone... I cant crank the ebrake and stand on it and nothing happens. Car just bogs down and tries to drag the rear tires.

Though I have caught standing water before and left two nice blacks marks... so I think the halfshafts are close to equal length.. probably why its so hard to break loose.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thats why I love manual trans better, you can light them SOBs up without even thinkin. Thats one thing I dont like about the G6 Its not a big deal to pontiac when it comes to the G6!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts