Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2005 pontiac G6 base (55000 miles no warranty) with the remote start feature ... i've had it for almost a year and while having it i came across one issue ... sometimes when i tried to start the car from the remote it wouldn't start ... it would just flash the lights ... or it would start and stall the second after it started ... it didn't happen too often (may be once a month) so it didn't bother me as much ... for the past 3 weeks i couldn't start the car with the remote start at all ... every time i go to start it it just flashes the lights ... i tried to get a new battery in the remote today and it didn't help ... no difference ... still flashing lights ... everything in the car works fine except for that remote start thing ...

has anyone had that problem because i'm thinking of taking it to the dealer to have them check it out ... any responce would be greatly appreciated ... thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
If your check engine lights is on the Remote start is disabled in the computer. Make sure your check engine light is not on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2005 pontiac G6 base (55000 miles no warranty) with the remote start feature ... i've had it for almost a year and while having it i came across one issue ... sometimes when i tried to start the car from the remote it wouldn't start ... it would just flash the lights ... or it would start and stall the second after it started ... it didn't happen too often (may be once a month) so it didn't bother me as much ... for the past 3 weeks i couldn't start the car with the remote start at all ... every time i go to start it it just flashes the lights ... i tried to get a new battery in the remote today and it didn't help ... no difference ... still flashing lights ... everything in the car works fine except for that remote start thing ...

has anyone had that problem because i'm thinking of taking it to the dealer to have them check it out ... any responce would be greatly appreciated ... thank you
I have not had the problem with the remote not starting but in my 06 I have had the problem with the starter staying engaged when I start the car normally. I have had it to the dealer 2x and they sy they can not duplicate the problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I also have a problem with my starter staying engaged from time to time, very frustrating. The dealer also told me they couldn't duplicate the problem, they didn't bother to call me back so I ended up paying for a rental car a second day. Now the warranty is up and it still does it every now and then.

I just noticed my remote starter was not working, it flashes the lights just doesn't start. Tried both fobs. Please let us know if you find a solution.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the solution with mine was that it needed a new hood latch. there's a sensor in the hood latch that tells that computer if it's open or closed. on mine it went bad and the car thought the hood was open all the time and as a GM car with the security on it it wouldn't start.

so bottom line is the car thought the hood was open and wouldn't start cuz it thought that somebody was trying to steal it. I paid about 200$ to get it fixed.

i got a new latch and they had to adapt it to the body control module.

hope this helps

·
Registered
46 Posts
Solved

The hood latch was the problem with my car. I purchased one from GMPartsDirect (part #20763654 for my '06 V6 Base sedan) cost with shipping $58.51. It didn't work right away, apparently the module (?) needs to be cleared as mentioned in a previous post. So I tried disconnecting the battery waiting 30 seconds then re-connected it. Voila! It started right up.

Total time spent about 35 min. a 1/4 drive ratchet with 10mm socket would have sped it up considerably, it's easily seen but a little tight in there with an open end wrench. Remember to mark the location of the original latch before attempting to remove it so you can line up the replacement.

I'm so happy I don't have to take it to the shop.

Thank you Daygon and previous posters for heading me in the right direction.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The hood latch was the problem with my car. I purchased one from GMPartsDirect (part #20763654 for my '06 V6 Base sedan) cost with shipping $58.51. It didn't work right away, apparently the module (?) needs to be cleared as mentioned in a previous post. So I tried disconnecting the battery waiting 30 seconds then re-connected it. Voila! It started right up.

Total time spent about 35 min. a 1/4 drive ratchet with 10mm socket would have sped it up considerably, it's easily seen but a little tight in there with an open end wrench. Remember to mark the location of the original latch before attempting to remove it so you can line up the replacement.

I'm so happy I don't have to take it to the shop.

Thank you Daygon and previous posters for heading me in the right direction.
glad to be of assistance :)

i wish i figured that before i had taken it to the dealer and paid extra ... oh well ... we all learn from mistakes

·
Registered
7 Posts
My girlfriends 05 GT is having the same problem. Remote start just flashes the lights.

I suspected it was the hood latch as well.
She bought it used 1/19/2009 as certified GM Pre-owned. Anyone know if this will be covered under the GM Certified warranty?

/ancker

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was not receiving any codes but had issues with cruise, power locks and remote start. It was imtermittent problem that made it hard to diagnose. Check to make sure everything else is working properly. I discovered that the auto door locks didn't lock when I moved the shifter into drive and didn't open when moved back to park. The cruise did not work, the remote start wouldn't work and the transmission did not shift smoothly. After 3 trips to the dealer they found a (TSB) technical service bulletin that told them to reflash the (ECM) computer. Dealer completed this last week and issue was resolved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts