Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Help.

I have it programmed since day one to unlock my doors when I put the car in park. Now when I put the car in park it keeps unlocking all my doors. The keyless remote quit working about a month ago so I have been locking the door from the door button. This morning, I pull in to my driveway and as I was gathering my stuff from the car I kept hearing the car unlocking itself even though it was already unlocked. I locked the door and shut it and 5 minutes later it unlocked itself. I used the key to lock all doors and again, 5 minutes later it unlocked itself.

Whats wrong???

I have a 06 G6 V6 sedan.

· Registered
555 Posts
Well when you have the unlock feature when you shift into park it will unlock all the doors all the time and everytime you shift to park.

As far as it unlocking itself, probably has something to do with the remotless entry. I know that when you manualy push the door lock once its time delayed once you close all doors, then locks itself but my best guess would be there is something wrong with the keyless entry and i have no idea where the "brains" for it are.

· Registered
346 Posts
So I wonder if your batteries have ran out on your keyless entry (which shouldn't have happened so quickly in a period of 3 years.)

But if that's the case, I'd take it to your dealership and get the batteries replaced. If it's broken, then that could be the culprit of your doors unlocking, which is really quite an anomaly.

If you don't think its the batteries, you could try to re-program your keyless entry... I don't remember the process, but I do know that you have to have it within a few feet of your head unit... The manual should say how its done.

· Premium Member
643 Posts
You don't need to take the keyless remote to the dealer to get replaced. You can get the batteries for the remote at any part store for $4.

You can't reprogram the keyless entry yourself. You need a tech 2 to do that, which is only found at dealer or at some locksmiths. Trust me the "instructions" to "program" your remote entry to a G6 on the internet are frauds. Trust me, I tried them just for kicks.

I believe there is a TSB out on the locks acting funky like yours. I'll see if I can dig anything up.

· Premium Member
643 Posts
How about this one:

TSB Number:040864021
NHTSA Number:10010514
TSB Date:October 28, 2004
Date Added to File:November 30, 2004

Failing Component:
Latches/Locks/Linkages

Summary:
Unintended door lock and trunk operation due to possible moisture intrusion. Advanced service information bulletin. Actual service bulletin. Updated

or...

TSB Number:3812
NHTSA Number:10018920
TSB Date:n/a Date Added to File:January 24, 2006

Failing Component:
Latches/Locks/Linkages: Doors :Latch

Summary:
Door locks actuators cycle and interior light turns on and off at random.

Unfotunately I don't have access to the full TSBs to know what you have to do to fix it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.