Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to pass this info along on what work i have had done on my 2005 g6 with 63,000 miles on it.

1. Steering Column replaced per TSB. Lost power steering during various situations whuie driving. GM covered part and labor as long as the car is under 70,000.

2. Serious vibration in steering wheel, front seats and in the tires while driving various speeds. (35, 45, 55, 65 mph).
I had all 4 tires balanced and front end aligned and did not fix the problem (< this work was ot done by the dealer)
After above mentioned work did not fix the problem I decided to take it to the dealership ( at that moment my left BUTT cheek started to hurt me and just realized it was my WALLET) LMFAO. The dealership did a force and vibration test on all 4 tires and found all of them out of weight and right front would not even balance. After they corrected the weight until i get new tires the vibration is very very very minumal. ALl front end suspension was checked as well and all checked good. As issues arise ILL post if anymore work is done on my car. The more we share INFO the better we can assist each other in properly maintainig our car..

thanks,

Tim W.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome!

It sounds more or less like a problem at the factory. Keep in mind that when vehicles are transported to a dealer, they crank the bodies down so they have minimal bounce, which puts added strain on suspension components, especially if the truck driver has low height restrictions (cars on bottom, full size one ton vans on top). As bad as my dealer is, or was (as I no longer go there), I haven't had any suspension issues or tire problems. Especially now that I bought new tires that are alot better than the OEM continentals!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts