Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since from the factory, the Monsoon system sends a line level signal from the head unit to the amp, what about putting RCA ends on the factory wires and then an amp in place of the factory one when replacing the head unit. The factory wires would then still just carry a line level signal which is what they are sized for. I know it wouldn't be ideal for a high quality setup, but for someone that just wants Bluetooth (like me) it should work fine.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I hope SOMEBODY here could tell you. I am in NO WAY an "audiophile" to know. Just read a few threads here about the trials of the excellent Monsoon audio thes cars can come with(when they are working properly).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope SOMEBODY here could tell you. I am in NO WAY an "audiophile" to know. Just read a few threads here about the trials of the excellent Monsoon audio thes cars can come with(when they are working properly).
Will, I'm already missing the factory rear speakers at a minimum. So I have to do something and in MN we can't drive without some sort of handsfree.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hands free is the same in NY...But my wife turns OFF the cell phone unless she's the passenger....Wife's main drive! LOL:rolleyes:

Our 08 Monsoon has an aux jack that only the son uses when riding in the car...does your year model have that and would it work for what you seek if you found one of a later year if the aux jack could supply your want?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hands free is the same in NY...But my wife turns OFF the cell phone unless she's the passenger....Wife's main drive! LOL:rolleyes:

Our 08 Monsoon has an aux jack that only the son uses when riding in the car...does your year model have that and would it work for what you seek if you found one of a later year if the aux jack could supply your want?
My phone doesn't have a head phone jack. Plus i can't touch it my phone to change songs either. Not sure if the front speakers are factory either. But for around the price of one factory rear speaker I can get both front and rear aftermarket. It may not sounds as good, but it will let me make phone calls and stream audio. Also is what the wife would prefer so there is that too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I take that back, it does have XM. I still don't know if it has the factory door speakers though. I do know the underside trim on the package tray is long gone though

Sent from my OnePlus 7T using Tapatalk

·
2007 gt retractable
355 Posts
I take that back, it does have XM. I still don't know if it has the factory door speakers though. I do know the underside trim on the package tray is long gone though

i cut the audio input wires from the xm module in the trunk at the back of the radio and hard wired in a bluetooth module.now [if im lucky]my phone wirelessly feeds into the radio with the source set to xm.sometimes it won't link but i think its my cheap phone.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm considering an Android Auto head unit as well. Really, the big thing is the fact that I don't know if it has factory speakers in the doors and how hacked the rear wiring is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And the front speakers are on their way out. I will be pulling the entire Monsoon system out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts