Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, having an alternator part number issue here. I have a 2008, G6, GXP, 3.6L. Replaced the alternator twice so far, so now I am looking for a new one instead of re-manufactured. However, I am running into a plug issue. I know the alternator is 125amp, 6 groove pulley. The part numbers everybody, including GM Parts direct via VIN #, all have the wrong plug. P/N's given so far: 15947364, 15947363, 25922330. I have attached pics of my plug.
mine.jpg
mine1.jpg

And here is their part number's plug.
theirs 25922330.jpg

Any else run into this issue before? What was the solution? Autozone doesn't even carry a re-man alternator for my car anymore, they sent me to O'reilly's !!

Any help would be great, thanks.

Jon Abel

·
Registered
574 Posts
Perhaps I am just being daft, but I am not spotting the difference. From Rock Auto I see the last part number you mention with this image for the connector. Looks pretty much the same to me. The 3.5 looks to be different, more rounded than the 3.6. Sorry if I have missed the point

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Boomer for your reply. If you look closely at my alternator, where the plug goes in, I have on male tab that sticks out from the bottom and in the center of the plug. If you look at their part number you see 2 tabs stick up from the bottom, not in the center, but below the electrical spade connectors. I am not sure if my plug will connect up properly.

Honestly, hoping someone can turn me on to a performance alternator website that carries one for the G6 GXP. I am not happy with these re-man's. And the 4 performance sites I have found so far do not have anything for G6 GXP's.

Thank you again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts