Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G6 GT Convertible
3 Posts
Want to buy 2009.5 convertible. Please contact me via PM. Thx
I have a 2009 white with black leather interior G6 hardtop convertible. VIN 1G2ZH36NX94188752. Top won't go down. Tech II says a trunk "wiper" switch that confirms to the computer that the leading edge of the trunk is open has failed, and I haven't been able to locate the switch for replacement. The car has less than 75K miles on it and is otherwise in excellent shape. I really don't mind just driving it as a 2-door coupe, but I would be interested in selling it. It's located in Lubbock, TX. Contact me with interest and questions at [email protected].

·
08 convertible
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For those who don't know: 2009.5 (2009 and a half) means the facelifted model. Look at the silver coupe photos at the top of this page. If your front bumper looks like that, it's a 2009.5.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
For those who don't know: 2009.5 (2009 and a half) means the facelifted model. Look at the silver coupe photos at the top of this page. If your front bumper looks like that, it's a 2009.5.
I hope that you don't mind dx but I would add the following;

1. would apply but don't be fooled as I have put the second generation front bumper cover on my 2007gt convertible.
2. The mirror caps should be painted the same body color as the car is in. From the factory!
3. I think the rear bumper cover valence has been updated also but I have not confirmed this. I don't think it is as straight forward swap like the front bumper cover is.
So if you have the correct vin with at least #1 and #2... You may be on your way with an original 2009.5 otherwise you may have a clone.

·
08 convertible
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True. As far as I know, you are correct plus 4. Different instrument panel and wiring and 5. GM standard radio without DIC (Driver Information Center)
However, if someone went through the trouble of replacing most of those 5 items with the 2009.5 version, I would probably be very interested regardless of year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts