Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Welcome to the club! What year and model 6 do you have?

·
Fly like a G6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no mods yet!

'05 G6 GT! Haven't had a chance to do any mods yet, but would like to! what would you recommend? Since its already fast! Raced only once with a '02 eclipse and won, but plenty of times up to 120 mph.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Ussually the basics, Air intake, Exhaust, HIDs, Eyelids, Tint, Tinted tails, rims, lower it...etc.. haha

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah, the g6 is pretty quick. People dont believe me when I tell them the cars ive beaten. But, it still needs to be opened up a bit more, thats why im getting a tune for it. From what ive seen, it does a pretty good job of waking the g6 up.

·
07 Black GT Vert ♥
445 Posts
Welcome, you'll find some great tips and good reading on everything Pontiac G6.
Jump in and take a ride, you're going to love the G6 Owners Club!

·
Jimmy B.
136 Posts
'05 G6 GT! Haven't had a chance to do any mods yet, but would like to! what would you recommend? Since its already fast! Raced only once with a '02 eclipse and won, but plenty of times up to 120 mph.
The G6 is pretty fast, but I thought it has a speed limiter that's set to around 114 or something. Maybe your acceleration carried you to 120 or maybe I'm just wrong! dunno
My car is at the dealership for warranty work and I was given a 2010 Chevy Impala LT as the rental car. I was expecting it to be sort a fast but was sadly disappointed. It supposedly has 210 hp but it feels much slower than my G6, which has 201. The gas petal feels really hard to press (I seriously thought there was something wrong with the car or the parking break was on when I was pulling out of the rental car lot) and the brake petal is really touchy- a terrible combo! I guess the impala just isn't designed as "sporty" as the G6.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
impala is more of a family sedan haha not made to go super quick. Plus i think they are heavier than the G6

·
Jimmy B.
136 Posts
impala is more of a family sedan haha not made to go super quick. Plus i think they are heavier than the G6
yeah it definitely is more of a family sedan. I looked it up and it's less than 100lbs heavier than the G6.
The weird thing about the impala is that it boasts having more horsepower (not a lot more, granted), only gets 18 mpg city (so you at least expect it to be fast, even if its not really sporty) yet performance-wise it feels like a family sedan. I thought to myself "well, maybe it's good for cruising on the highway..." but I found the steering to be almost over-responsive and it's annoying just trying to stay in a lane at 55 mph (though good in parking lots I found) and I can't imagine it at interstate highway speeds. The responsive steering suggests sporty... It's like it can't decide what it wants to be. In conclusion, however, it's definitely not a G6!

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
haha yeah i think we all agree we will stick with our 6's :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts