Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read the owners manual and it says to use H9 for the High Beam and for the Low beams use H11's. All of this as well as the other lights is listed on page 5-43 of your owners manual. Thanks RyanB

· Registered
10 Posts
When i bought my g6 i went straight to the service at the dealer and asked them about replacement bulbs, they said everything would melt the wiring except for sylvanias top of the line bulbs, i think silverstar is what theyre called but i couldnt find them in the right size back then, that was december, lemme know if they are out now.

· Registered
485 Posts
of course the dealership would tell you that, they don't want you putting anything else in there. As for the Silverstars, I had these on my previous car, and they are great replacements, but they don't make H11's yet. I might buy the PIAA Xtreme White bulbs: 55W bulbs making 110W of output, for around $55 on ebay.

Mike

· Registered
485 Posts
Xenon lights or bulbs? There's a big difference. The bulbs offer no where near the quality or amount of light as real xenon lights. HID kits cost around $500, if they even make them for this car yet. I've been using the PIAA Xtreme White bulbs for about 2 weeks now and I like them.

Mike

· Registered
73 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
Xenon lights or bulbs? There's a big difference. The bulbs offer no where near the quality or amount of light as real xenon lights. HID kits cost around $500, if they even make them for this car yet. I've been using the PIAA Xtreme White bulbs for about 2 weeks now and I like them.

Mike
Is this for your G6? how much are your bulbs? I don't know I'm new at these stuff so what do you recommend for xenon bulbs ? easy installation on the g6?

· Registered
73 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
I bought mine on ebay for around $59. Just do a search for PIAA H11 and they should come up.

For installation you just have to remove the 5 plastic screws on the bumper (under the hood), to loosen it. Then you can pull out the headlights and replace the bulbs. Simple.

Mike
Are they good?? really bright white lights? I heard they can put strain on your electrical ?

Lawrence

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.