Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a used certified 2008 G6 and I'm trying to activate the XM trial but it asks for the XM radio ID. Problem is I can't get to channel 0 or 1 to see what the number is. There is no XM channels available to check it. Is there somewhere else in the documentation or posted on the car that I can look up the number?

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
You should be able to hit the source buttom till your on XM1 or XM2 then rotate
your right knob up or down till you get to Channel 0. If that doesnt work you may not have XM or there are other issues. once on that channel it will display it and that is the only way to get that number (that I know of).

·
Registered
6 Posts
check the little black block on top of your car. it should say XM Radio or something, if you dont have that then you dont have XM, but if you do, try what lampoon told you otherwise contact the dealer and he/she might have some sort of info for you.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
In 2005 the Onstar and XM were seperated with the onstar up front and XM in back.
in 2006 they combined the antennas to be up front into a shark fin antenna.

So its possible to have the fin with just onstar and no XM. or vice versa....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe my only options on the band button were FM1, FM2, and AM. That's why I was confused as there wasn't a way to select XM. I'll check again. I was just wondering about what the radio ID was as I'm probably not going to use the XM that much since I have my iPod and the aux connection.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Then you dont have XM. XM requires a second module as well as the antenna and programming. If you cycle through and do not have XM1 or XM2 then you dont have XM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.