Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive found some info on this but havent found an answer for my question from the threads ive seen..

i have the 3.5 gt so its only single outlet, i want duals and i dont like how the flowmasters sound, and not many have magnaflow besides GTR and im not paying 700 for it..

so i was looking at "Y" pipes to run duals, would there be any gains or would it hurt me performance wise? Id even be content with staying even im looking more for rumble more then anything, im not tryin to turn the 6 into a dragster

·
Registered
12 Posts
The only thing that i can think of is the back pressure.Have to consider the exhaust on the car, the way the exhaust was ran was to keep equal pressure all the way out to the rear, dont think it pushes enough put to run duals after the y pipe,might lose power,torque or bog down. Might be my 2 cents of why they run duals off of one muffler. Hope it makes sense. To get more rumble id say get some headers,my opinoin keep the stock resonator and muffler of choice. To me its not about name brands but how you choose you parts and how you install them

1 - 2 of 2 Posts