Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, First off.. I still have a rattle deep in the dash that the dealer can't locate, so I guess im just living with it.

Now I have a squealing noise anytime the car is over 4,000 rpm that last until it shifts. I am not sure what this is yet but it could be the belt?? Its damn annoying...

Finally the transmission is starting to shift really hard (almost slams) into gear when shifting from park. This is getting really old.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
558 Posts
I feel your pain. Hopefully the dealer can get to the bottom of the problems. Be sure to file a complaint with GM's customer Satisfaction line, and try another dealer if needed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
mine has that squeeling too.. also i have squeeky brakes.. and a panoramic roof that doesn't like to shut when i tell it to.. i position the knob to zero and it will shut one panel then spring back open... the dealer said that they can't repeat the problem.. sooo.. i guess i have to deal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the squeaky brakes issue too.. I also noticed one of the rotors was wearng differently from the other in the front. I have a list of stuff to bring to the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
The dealer gets 3 chances to fix the problems. Then your car is declared a lemon, just give the dealer a little reminder of that, im sure theyll fix the problems. and if not, youll have a brand new G6
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
558 Posts
05G6GTstanger said:
The dealer gets 3 chances to fix the problems. Then your car is declared a lemon, just give the dealer a little reminder of that, im sure theyll fix the problems. and if not, youll have a brand new G6
Lemon laws vary from state to state and are often not as simple to go through as one would wish. Canada does not have lemon laws, but instead has the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Act. If they rule in your favor you get your money back on a pro-rated basis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
05G6GTstanger said:
The dealer gets 3 chances to fix the problems. Then your car is declared a lemon, just give the dealer a little reminder of that, im sure theyll fix the problems. and if not, youll have a brand new G6
That wouldn't help me out much... I don't want another one ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bigbengt67 said:
My rotors squeak too, but it is becuse my car sits outside all the time and rust builds up on them. Had the same issue on my Grand Am and Acura. Not really a problem, just gently apply the breaks to wear off the thin rust film and it goes away.
Not a valid explanation...

1) the brakes don't make noise immediately when the car has sat for 2 days straight (every weekend)

2) The brakes make noise after the first few moments of driving, and last the entire time im driving, which varies from 5 mins to over 2 hours at a time.

3) any noise coming from the brakes in not 'normal' and should not be accepted.

I hope you don't ignore minor noises your car makes or write them off as nothing major. The last time I have a 'minor' noise the A/C Condesor locked up, shredded the belt and snapped a tensioner pulley in half.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Not competley true. The dealerships find ways to get out of the lemon laws all the time. Before I got my G6, I had previously owned at 99 Grand Am. I had it in the shop a few days a month for idling problems, and the break pads and rotors had to be chnaged every 3 months. They never did over a solution as to why my brnad new car was doing these things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
S8ER99 said:
Ok, First off.. I still have a rattle deep in the dash that the dealer can't locate, so I guess im just living with it.

Now I have a squealing noise anytime the car is over 4,000 rpm that last until it shifts. I am not sure what this is yet but it could be the belt?? Its damn annoying...

Finally the transmission is starting to shift really hard (almost slams) into gear when shifting from park. This is getting really old.
Have the same rattle-deep in dash--i can't find it--going to dealer tomorrow--will let you know--document everything - keep receipts etc--if dealer can't fix it--you have proof--then go to gm --keep me informed-i will do same
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
hook2233 said:
Have the same rattle-deep in dash--i can't find it--going to dealer tomorrow--will let you know--document everything - keep receipts etc--if dealer can't fix it--you have proof--then go to gm --keep me informed-i will do same

Please let me know what your dealer says about the rattle in your dash. I have probably the same rattle and I went to the dealership yesterday and they couldn't seem to hear what I was hearing. One person finally did and just shruged his shoulders. I've called them again this morning and still know nothing. They told me that I needed to leave it with them one day so they could see if they could hear the rattle, but told me to just call back about when.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
i will keep you informed-everyone that has this problem must put it up on this chat and document dealer visit--i also wrote to gm -through there site --asking if there was a problem ! might be too early to tell-on the g6--
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Robyn P said:
Please let me know what your dealer says about the rattle in your dash. I have probably the same rattle and I went to the dealership yesterday and they couldn't seem to hear what I was hearing. One person finally did and just shruged his shoulders. I've called them again this morning and still know nothing. They told me that I needed to leave it with them one day so they could see if they could hear the rattle, but told me to just call back about when.
i will let you know--i also e-mailed gm on this-stating the forum has a few problems with rattles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I have the same problems. Every so often i hear the rattle from somewhere in the dash/under the hood area. Mostly when I am sitting at a red light. My sunroof is doing the same thing. If I close it, it will pop back open. I found that you have to make sure it closes one pannel at a time. For the squeak, there is a bulliten out on it, its the serpentine belt, take it to your dealer to get replaced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
I called my dealership yesterday, as I was told to do after my visit on Monday. I asked if they had found any information on this rattle and he said no, but he had someone else looking into this noise for him and for me to call him back again today. I plan to call again this afternoon and hopefully he'll be able to fix this noise. I hear my noise more while sitting still with the car in gear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Robyn P said:
I called my dealership yesterday, as I was told to do after my visit on Monday. I asked if they had found any information on this rattle and he said no, but he had someone else looking into this noise for him and for me to call him back again today. I plan to call again this afternoon and hopefully he'll be able to fix this noise. I hear my noise more while sitting still with the car in gear.
dealer listened and is working on rattle-wil keep car today and tomorrow-has dash completely apart -trying his best-when it is fixed i will post it for others. Also according to mygm web site there is a recall on the g6 but no info in recall pdf file--anyone knowes whats it about
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
hook2233 said:
dealer listened and is working on rattle-wil keep car today and tomorrow-has dash completely apart -trying his best-when it is fixed i will post it for others. Also according to mygm web site there is a recall on the g6 but no info in recall pdf file--anyone knowes whats it about

Thanks for letting us know. Please let me know what they say. I called my dealership again a few minutes ago like I was suppose to and they still have not found anything. He told me he would contact GM and for me to call him back tomorrow. I just wish he would let me bring it to him.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top