Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh 2005 Pontiac G6 GT, why has thou forsaken me? This has been a year of failures and expensive repairs and who knows what the future holds?

My 87,000 mile car hasn't been abused, never been in an accident, and I've treated it to all scheduled maintenance and fully-synthetic oil. Still, I've had a timing cover coolant leak ($600), fuel leak on that crappy plastic elbow tubing at the fuel pump ($800), and brake lights being stuck on due to BCM connector corrosion ($8 for dielectric grease). Naturally all this happened after my extended warranty ran out, and GM hasn't done a sufficient recall on the potentially dangerous brake light issue. The fuel system problem seems to becoming more and more common as well, no recall there yet.

Some of the interior isn't holding up too well either, why oh why does that plastic has to be so cheap cheap cheap?

I wanted to buy American but after the bailout, the apparent quality issues, and not to mention the death of Pontiac, I'm gonna have to defect to another manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Still, I've had a timing cover coolant leak ($600),
Which engine you got?

fuel leak on that crappy plastic elbow tubing at the fuel pump ($800),
I agree. All the pumps using that particular plastic tubing outlet should be recalled. Not just in some "hot" states & only some models. It's a serious safety hazard to have a leak in the (60 psi) pressurized side.

and brake lights being stuck on due to BCM connector corrosion ($8 for dielectric grease).
Another serious safety hazard but if the terminal cleaning is done correctly it can be fixed cheaply. I think GM should be recalling for this issue & taking care of it but they never asked for my opinion.

I sometimes get pissed off at GM too but the only manufacturer that I've seen that really does any better is Toyota. I have been shocked at some of their recalls on very old cars & not even for safety hazards. Most people that I know that own Toyota's are very loyal Toyota customers so they are doing something right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts