Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this in the garage since '99 when I took it off a '97 Beretta before I got an Explorer. Thought about repainting it and putting it on. Yes or no?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Personally --

I think one of the G6's redeeming qualities has always been it's very sleek, very uninterrupted lines. That kinda kills it IMHO.

If you're seriously interested in adding a spoiler, there's some nice GM ones that seem to blend well with the G6's lines.

For example:

·
Registered
557 Posts
For the love of God! You own a classy car, don't put that shit on it! I would suggest you sell the G6, buy an Eclipse, Civic, Integra etc.. and put it on there. The fact that you even considered putting that on the car disgusts me. Lose the stickers and GXP badge too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My god, please don't ruin your car like that. Those wings look stupid and the stickers and badge make it even worse. We always joke that each sticker adds ten horsepower but I mean come on, we were just kidding. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'd say only do it if you're having problems keeping your trunk lid closed. But honestly, I could think of better ways to solve that problem.
Seriously though, it's your ride. If you like it, go with it. Personally, I think it's a bit tacky.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If anyone really knows me, they know that I am the most ANTI of those spoilers in the world.

HOWEVER.

I do think there could be a LOT worse on a G6 than that. It's definately unique, but I'm not sure enough to make an opinion.

·
Registered
423 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
If you wanna put that thing on, I suggest a LOT more bodywork to go with it, like a wide-body kit and 20" wheels. Then it would look hot. Having only a big wing like that reminds me of Honda ricers.

Mike
i agree with GTPGuy82.....without other 'mods', it just looks out of place. even the cat seems unimpressed.........LOL :D

·
Registered
557 Posts
Subtle_Cynicism said:
I do think there could be a LOT worse on a G6 than that. It's definately unique, but I'm not sure enough to make an opinion.
Here is my interpretation of what you said in another context:

So you have this 25 year old fat ugly girlfriend, you could definately do worse by finding a 40 year old fat ugly girl. The old girl may even make the younger girl look decent, but in the end you are still stuck with a fat, ugly girlfriend. Why even bother comparing?

·
Registered
15 Posts
One word......UGLY!

Even if it was painted to match the car, it would still look awful.

You see these cars all over the road...usually Honda's. Gigantic spoiler (usually non-painted aluminum) on a tiny car. Guess it looks cool to them but in my opinion it looks silly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.