Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone i own a G6 V6 and was looking into buying a dual muffler setup for my car but since classic4performance doesnt make the sweet gt-r exhaust anymore im kinda stuck anyone have some suggestions? i saw a post that said GMPP Exhausts are pretty good but which should i get and anything i should add to the cart with it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gt-r?!

Well I found the Valance :D But I was looking thru some videos and i REALLY like the GT-R Muffler and I heard you can recreate it but i wouldnt even know where to begin lol what parts or what part numbers would i need to put together this muffler :D

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Oh I gotchya. You're looking for something like the gtr set. I'm not sure exactly what you could use to get a sound like that. I'm sure someone with that exhaust could shed some light on it.

·
4,052 Posts
unfortunatly you wont be able to recreate it. GT-R would open the muffler and modify it to give us the right amount of back pressure we need to get the max amount of torque out of our vehicles. so even if you had the same muffler you wouldnt get the same performance out of it.
....it sucks that he doesnt make them anymore, but I guess with material costs going up, and the G6 dying off, can you blame him?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea...

yea its a sad sad truth but i agree I love my g6 and i would like to me able to milk as much power as possible out of it so im getting CRABs but I heard that a dual exhaust coming from a single pipe would also help a little bit in power and they usually sound sweet! So since the gt-r cant be recreated do you know of a muffler that would add some performance and kinda sound like the gt-r im thinking maybe magnaflow but theres sooooo many idk where to begin i know i should change the resonator with a glasspack but thats all i know so far xD so any help is appreciated thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Have u checked out any YouTube videos? I know flowmaster is also a popular choice. It seems people run either the 40 series or the 80 series.

·
4,052 Posts
unless you were to go custom the only bolt on cat-backs are the magnaflow, or GMPP. Just be sure to do your research... Ive heard of people doing a custom dual exhaust then loosing low end torque because of the back pressure we need.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i heard that was a problem thats why i was asking on here to see if anyone had a custom setup that they liked i saw one i liked at g6performance but idk about the gains or decreases but it sounds nice though lol

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Wouldn't the cats give enough backpressure? But then again. The entire length of the exhaust is integral to engine torque I believe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts