Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lingering around here a while. I have a radio question that I haven't found an answer for. The 6 disk changer in my wifes 06 gtp pooped out during battery change and I am looking to replace it with a single disk. Basically, what is the difference between a radio w/ graphic symbol switch and one w/o graphic symbol switch? thanx for your help.

·
07 Black GT Vert ♥
445 Posts
I believe export models used symbols in place of any English words, so the clock button shows the face of a clock, and the enter button show an arrow much like a computer keyboard does.

·
Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
Having just gone through all this, the "Graphic Symbol Switch" option was only offered in Canada.

I guess Canadians can't be bothered to read?

Also, you're much better off going with aftermarket stereo components.

You'll need an installation kit which is prohibitively expensive, UNLESS you buy it from Crutchfield.com They sell it for 1/2 the normal cost if you buy a stereo over $200.

·
07 Black GT Vert ♥
445 Posts
Having just gone through all this, the "Graphic Symbol Switch" option was only offered in Canada.

You'll need an installation kit which is prohibitively expensive, UNLESS you buy it from Crutchfield.com They sell it for 1/2 the normal cost if you buy a stereo over $200.
A number of Canadians speak French so the English was replaced with symbols, and come to think of it a large number of Americans speak Spanish.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
yup...Ive got pictures of both models and explain it all out in a thread on here somewhere....

I had the same problem. Swapped it for an 08 single disk Monsoon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Since, it is the wifes car and she doesn't like the way the kit looks I have to stick with one of the stock units. I wish she didn't want the info center because then it would be a marginal cost for the cheap kit and using one the Eclipse cd players I have in the basement from my previous vehicles. Thanx for the responses fellas!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I have a monsoon single disc player for sale if your interested. $80 plus shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts