1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but that would be an understatement.

before I get into the details - A few things about me:
I am 20 years old
I work for Chick-fil-a (would love to get a job in the industry but that would be a temporary dip in pay which I cannot afford rn)
I have my degree in information technology and actually placed 9th nationally in the 2017 Skills USA National Championships... but computers got boring after 3 years of school....
I am married to a beautiful woman from Venezuela
I am broke - see above - which accounts for most of the reasoning behind my methods being so sketchy.
favorite food: food
hobby: see below

I have successfully modified my 2009 Pontiac G6 GXP. What modification you ask? I have added a SECOND motor, a SECOND transmission, and henceforth another 252 horsepower. "How?" you ask. Lots of hair pulling, hard work, complaining to myself, complaining to my wife, complaining to my coworkers, welding, cutting, more welding, more cutting, wiring, breaking bolts, etc etc. But it is done. Correct me if I am wrong, but that would make me the owner of the worlds first and only twin engine Pontiac G6 - Correct? Anyway, enough bragging. Here's the goods: only there's a catch, I cannot post pictures/videos of it on public roads because of legal reasons/scares. So until I get those sorted out (installing a firewall fixes most of the problems) all I have to show for it is attached below. Sorry about that.

best part of this entire thing: AWD BURNOUTS

many of you ask - why? why have you done this horrible thing? to that I answer: because Pontiac should be revived, and what better way is there to accomplish that then a screaming v12 G6? I rest my case.

Anyways I look forward to answering any and all questions about G6's (at least the ones with the 3.6) because I have literally stripped one down to every last trim piece and clip and then had to put it all back together (see above).

Copy

·
Registered
238 Posts
An absolutely incredible accomplishment!! What a project!! I have no doubt that yours is the only one in captivity. If you author a book about your experiences, I'll buy an autographed copy. When I was young I knew someone that put a second engine in a '66 Oldsmobile Tornado for a total of 910 cubic inches and it probably wasn't half the work you put in your car. Congratulations and welcome!! I doff my hat to you!

Mark

·
2007 gt retractable
355 Posts
where did you get the wiring harness for the rear engine?after watching the longer video it seems to me that you could just leave the rear trans in drive and that the torque converter would allow you to back up using the front trans to control the motion of the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where did you get the wiring harness for the rear engine?after watching the longer video it seems to me that you could just leave the rear trans in drive and that the torque converter would allow you to back up using the front trans to control the motion of the car.
Yeah that seems about right, I think I ended up not doing that because if you have to hit the gas the rear engine is going forward and the back is going backward so you end up doing a mini burnout. I just need to perfect the throttle controller (raspberry pi) so it detects gears and decides whether or not to send throttle signal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts