Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
That seems like something worth trying. As long as you have a higher flow air filter in place. But you're still at the stock diameter, just less crap inside to disrupt airflow. Probably will make improvements. Adding an actual intake would make more improvements... but after you get a tune...

All in all seems like a good idea without having to get a tune. This with a drop in K&N Filter and an intake resonator delete and you should be pretty good.

·
Legend
782 Posts
i was also looking at that high flow tube myself..with that a k&n filter and res delete your looking at about the same gains as a regular cai...it seems that way at least...also dumb question but where exactly is the intake res? isnt it like under the air box and behind the bumber or whatever? and what does it look like?:beer:

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Yup, under the air box behind the bumper. I was able to pull mine out by just removing the wheel and fender liner. But it helps to remove the bumper. Here's a vid I made a while back showing the res.

·
Legend
782 Posts
cool. if i decide to get it then i will do that. thanks! :)

·
Legend
782 Posts
i agree. im prob gonna wait as well.

·
Registered
474 Posts
With the tune, and the intake.. you need to have your tune "tuned" for an intake.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
ZZ performance has been around awhile. I dont understand how though.
Their Customer support is non existent. Just keep that in mind.
If you buy from them you are on your own.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I've never dealt with them before. but that's what I've heard. I was planning to get their s/c kit for the 2.4L but that ship has now sailed. Anyway... when doing my research on it I was contacting by email and they were very prompt helpful. Maybe they just dissapear after they get your money.
They're only about a 3hr drive for me so i could always knock on their door lol.
I've actually decided against it anyway and am planning on a true CAI. Would the intakes for the Cobalt's work on our cars?

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Legend
782 Posts
Yeah Cruisin is who told me about it. Look for the cobalt ss n/a intake and that will work.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Yea my intake is for a cobalt 2.4. Granted it was a cheap one and required some modification, But if you spend on the money on a good intake you should be fine. Keep in mind you'll need a tune if you increase the size of the intake where the MAF is...

On another note, I went Cruisin around with my buddy and I did some WOT runs, He still finds it hard to get used to the roar that comes from it, Vibrates the floors as it pulls. haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts