Pontiac G6 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
yeah its like regressing it makes more sence read backwards...I'm just trying to help people even if there clueless.
hey, a thread is a place to spread ideas and learn new ones. and damnit i am learning do not laugh at that!! :mad: haha

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Lots of writing about diameter, but not a whole lot about width. ScaryFatKidGT & StaindFaith reference 225 exclusively, but how wide can we go without hacking the wheel well? What's the correlation between wheel width and tire width? Sure I could get the info by walking into my local Discount Tire, but you all are closer ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Idk how wide you can go without rubbing but the wider the tire you have the wider the rim you need the only complicated things are that tires are measured in millimeters and rims are measured in inches, And that some of a tires width goes into the profile hight and some of the hight into the width depending on how wide of rim you put it on. That tire calculator I posted tells you the recommended rim widths for the tire width you chose. I would try to get the middle one like if it says 7.5"-9" rim get a 8" or 8.5", or if it says 7"-8" get a 7.5" rim.

·
2007 gt retractable
355 Posts
that depends on the offset.you may need to run spacers.btw my factory wheels and tires rub when im turning.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts