Pontiac G6 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 190 Posts

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
...Which reminds me, have u seen anywhere to get those recessed grilles? Cuz i cant mind them on ebay and i dont want to pay 350 bucks from GM. THANX!
Its a GM part....so its going to be very hard to find outside of GM. Seems like I paid around $175 for them unpainted....are they that much now?? Wow. :eek:

· Registered
556 Posts
$350????? Omg that is outrageous. I'm glad mine came with them.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 · (Edited)
The way my spokes angle out I dont think so.....will know soon enough, lolol.

Lotta room (enough though?)

since it was hard to judge size I threw my hand up there:

· Registered
556 Posts
Recessed grills

Jocelyn

· Registered
911 Posts
love those brembos lampoon. i got a question about the steering wheel removal- saw two little holes on the wheel but couldn't manuever any "catches" inside of them? i also saw 3 bolts on the back of the wheel and 3 more underneatht he column. any suggestions on getting this sucker off? trying to get at the trim where the cruise and radio controls are

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 · (Edited)
I dont really want to turn my progression thread into a How to...but dont pry on your
control housings. They dont just pop off. Look at posts #20 & #62 in this thread and you will see how they are connected. They are bolted on and the bolts are under the bag.

Your airbag has two hooks on it. The small side holes allow you to access the moveable rod which can be pushed aside to allow you to unhook it.

You can see the vertical rods in the pix below. Its been a few years but put a good sized nail in there till you feel the rod. get under it and then push toward the dash which will rock the end of the nail toward you, lifting it to allow the hook to slide free.

The hard part is then not letting it reseat itself while you do the other side....which requires constant pressure (pulling it toward you).

Also clicky here for additional help.

Also once the bag is off its just one bolt to remove the wheel. Of course you will need to disconnect the controls/bag before pulling the wheel.

Again...insert common disclaimer here---Im not responsible for your injuries, death, acne, badluck or whatever should you choose to do this.

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 · (Edited)
Just dont mess with the clockspring under the wheel. There are two prongs on it that guide it via the wheel. Dont mess with it!! If you unspring the clock then your only option at that point is a new one via GM's oober pricey parts counter.

Good luck! I cant tell you enough what an awesome appearance mod it is. Well worth your time.

BUT- for those that dont know....you dont need to take your wheel off to access or mod the controls. The only reason to remove the wheel is if you want to put a different wheel on there.

All the rest can be done by merely unhooking the bag....and you dont even have to disconnect the bag! get a towel and lay it on your column and just flip the bag up and face down on the top of your column while you work on the controls. Then just flip & snap it back and your done.

I would verify all works prior to snapping the bag back in......but thats only cause it takes a bit of time to get that bag unhooked from the wheel.

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
thats a good bet with 17's eh?? lolol

Yeah....in measuring it doesnt look like the backspace is a issue based on the the way my spokes flair out. The issue is more than likely the difference in the length of the calipers. I only have about an inch and half on either side to play with....an 18" wheel would give me 2" easy on each side to play with.

I can pull the wheel and unbolt the caliper and just lay it aside (still hooked up) and bolt on the brembo and try and put the wheel on. I dont need everything ready to go to check fitment. Its just been so dang hot here lately and by late afternoon (Shade possibilities) I get lazy. lol

Should know soon enough...

Also no drilled/dimpled this go around. Just slotted rotors.

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Design Rotor Technology (DRT). I got the black coated & slotted....
weather delayed arrival....shows they are on the truck & out for delivery now
so Ill snap a picture here shortly when they arrive.

121 - 140 of 190 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.