Pontiac G6 Forum banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
I didnt know they made a glasspack. Ive used their flow through muffler on my second exhaust as a resonator replacement, probably not what your looking for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
yeah, the definitely make them because i had one on my eclipse. the glass pack muffler sounded real nice cuz i had a v6 eclipse and it made it nice and deep sounding. i was kinda going for a nice deep rumble for my gtp but im not sure how duel glass packs would sound on this car as apposed to other exhausts

·
Registered
1 Posts
05 G6 GT exhaust

What do ya'll think would be good for my 05 GT with the 3.5? I was thinking of making my own because i want the experience. i was thinking flowmaster supper 44 and removing the resonator and putting a glass pack in its place. thoughts?

·
Registered
87 Posts
EDIT: Didn't notice how old this topic was

·
Registered
147 Posts
So.....I gotta ask! What do we do if we want a GT-R.....cuz they closed their website!! Is there a set up you guys know of that is close to it?! Otherwise I might have to steal Jet's idea and do a X Muffler! ;-)

·
5,348 Posts
So.....I gotta ask! What do we do if we want a GT-R.....cuz they closed their website!! ...
Same thing you do if you want a 2003 Trans Am....

Pontiac isnt going to sell it to you! lol :p

Look for used or explore other options. ;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
What do you guys think of that XMuffler then?! it sounds alright....I just don't like the loud rattling sound most exhaust systems make. I just want a deep growl that roars when I put the throttle down! ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
i'm looking for a exhaust for my 09 GXP 3.6L i understand it has to be custom just wondering what i need to get so i can get the job done.

·
Legend
782 Posts
has any one tried or heard or have any videos with the 2.4L with an exhaust besides just the res delete? i want an exhaust and i just read through all 10 pages of this but no speak of the 2.4's lol feelin lonely out here being the minority with the 4 banger lol :beer:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pontiac g6 exhaust

I have searched the world over. U can find for single outlet systems but dual no. I myself is looking for a factory dual setup that came off of a 2007 pontiac g6 gt with dual exhaust and a 3.9 liter engine with manual tranny. I will make my own setup from that. so who ever reads this post and have the system i am looking for. send me a email My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the 05 3.5 base 4 door, will these exhaust systems work with mine? i have a crabs CAI, WAMS Tune, maybe a sway bar, and an exhaust system in the planner, with an exhaust system i hope to get a little xtra power with very nice sound.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i have the duals exhaust with my g6 gxp, anything i can do to make it louder without loosing any hp or torque if anything i wanna improve those numbers. i dont care if its raspy sounding i just want it loud.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I've been looking at a few different post and I'm gonna redo my exhaust system. From what I have read I'm thinking of running a 2.5 or 3 inch pipe from the front then adding a Y at the back and run two 40 series magnaflows and finish with 4 inch round tips..my question is what do people use to replace the resonator? I seen one post that says they used a 4 inch flow through,but what is that? A flow through resonator or a flow through muffler?? I'm planing on ordering through summit racing so if someone had a part number that would be great.

Thanks guys

·
5,348 Posts

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I have stock 2.5 to the back, to a Y, then 2x6" cherry bombs and 4" tips. Also replaced the rez with a 12" cherry bomb. Its plenty loud.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

141 - 158 of 158 Posts